Important! Read this, before clicking download link for the eBook!
If you are technologically challenged it would be better for you to order the “Hard Copy” Book delivered to your door. If you haven’t downloaded an eBook or PDF to your P.C or Mobile Tablet you might find it easier to receive the paper variety. The eBook is not able to be copied or printed, to guard against theft and illegal distribution.
eBooks And PDF’s Digital Downloads
You can read an eBook on a Mobile Device – best on an iPad, Kindle Fire, Google Chrome Tablet or Windows Surface Pro. You can also read it on a P.C either Windows or Mac. Windows requires a PDF reader like Adobe Reader, and Macintosh requires “Preview” or “iBooks“ – which is installed on every Mac.
To prevent illegal downloads, you have two attempts to download the eBooks before having to pay again. So please make sure you download your eBook carefully.
For The Novice eBook/PDF Reader
If you have never read an eBook or downloaded a PDF to your Tablet or Kindle it is best to download it to your P.C and then transfer it, so that you don’t lose it.
If you are downloading the manual to your P.C or Mac, be sure you have a PDF reader installed, like Adobe Reader or on Mac, “Preview” PDF reader (comes installed with all Mac Operating software) or iBooks, which now come with all Mac operating software. The eBook will download automatically to your computer, once the link is clicked, to your computer’s download folder. You can then move the PDF to any other folder or device that you want.
Downloading Direct To Your iPad or Android Tablet
- Make sure you have an eBook or PDF reader (iBooks, Goodreader, Evernote, Adobe Reader, Kindle Reader) installed on your device before you click the download link from your mobile device’s email program. Make sure the PDF reader is actually working, open it to check before downloading from the email link.
- Open the receipt email and the link to your eBook download from the email program on the device you wish to read it on.
- When you click the link to your download, it will open in your dedicated web browser, you will then be given an option to save/open from one of the applications on your tablet.
Transferring Your Ebook From Your P.C/Mac To Your iPad/Tablet:
If you want to transfer your eBook from your P.C or Mac to a tablet:
For iPad – iBooks –
- Open the iBook app on your Mac, laptop or iMac
- Drag the PDF from your download folder into your iBooks library on your Mac
- Connect your iPad to your Mac via usb cable
- Open iTunes and click on your iPad icon in the menu bar, click on books in Summary and select the manual (tick) and sync with your iPad.
- The manual will then show up in your iPad iBook Library (might have to close and open iBooks on iPad to see it).
Goodreader for iPad-
- If you don’t have iBooks make sure you have a PDF reader like Goodreader installed first on your iPad.
- Search for and Download Goodreader for iPad
- After download, connect your iPad to your Mac with USB cable, open iTunes
- Click your iPad in left column
- Click the Apps tab for your device – scroll down to file sharing – Click your preferred PDF reader
- And then click add in the right hand column – navigate to your PDF eBook or drag and drop into the file list.
When you then open the PDF reader on your device your book will be there in your PDF library.
For Android tablets, Just connect your PC and your Android using the cable, and you will see there’s a message on the tablet screen asking what do you want to do.
Transferring file is as simple as copying the file from your PC to a USB drive. If transferring from a Mac to Kindle or other Android be sure to download the Android File Transfer app. https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ and transfer the manual to the books folder. You will then see the manual as a PDF file in your Android device library.
Need More Help?
Don’t forget Cyber Safety is a community issue, if you think my book is useful, please share this link to my book with your family and friends. That way your child stays safe in EVERYBODY’s House!
This manual is updated yearly, the latest version is 2015! If you would like to subscribe to my newsletter and receive my latest posts to stay up to date with all the latest on cyber safety enter your email address and received the free 20 Tops Tips to Keep Your Child Safe From Adult Online Content on the front page of my website www.thecybersafetylady.com.au top right corner.