Important! Read this, before clicking download link for the eBook!
If you are technologically challenged it would be better for you to order the “Hard Copy” Book delivered to your door. If you haven’t downloaded an eBook or PDF to your P.C or Mobile Tablet you might find it easier to receive the paper variety. The eBook is not able to be copied or printed, to guard against theft and illegal distribution.
Haven’t received the email with the link to the download?
The email is sent within 5 mins of purchase, it sometimes will end up in a spam folder – if your spam settings are set very high. Please check all your spam folders or do a search within your email program for “The Cyber Safety Lady” to find the confirmation of purchase with the link to your download. You may download the PDF version of your book only twice, so that you can have it on 2 devices.
eBooks And PDF’s Digital Downloads
You can read an eBook on a Mobile Device – best on an iPad, Kindle Fire, Google Chrome Tablet or Windows Surface Pro. You can also read it on a P.C either Windows or Mac. Windows requires a PDF reader like Adobe Reader, and Apple Mac requires “Preview” or “iBooks“ – which is installed on every Mac.
To prevent illegal downloads, you have two attempts to download the eBooks before having to pay again. So please make sure you download your eBook carefully.
For The Novice eBook/PDF Reader
If you have never read an eBook or downloaded a PDF to your Tablet or Kindle it is best to download it to your P.C and then transfer it to your mobile device, so that you don’t lose it.
If you are downloading the manual to your P.C or Mac, be sure you have a PDF reader installed, like Adobe Reader or on Mac, “Preview” PDF reader (comes installed with all Mac Operating software) or iBooks, which now come with all Mac operating software. The eBook will download automatically to your computer, once the link is clicked, to your computer’s download folder. You can then move the PDF to any other folder or device that you want.
To Download To Your P.C
- Click the link and the eBook/PDF will open in your web browser (Safari or Google Chrome, Edge etc..) go to the file menu top left on your web browser and select the “Save As” or “Export As PDF” and save to your downloads folder or desktop.
- Don’t exit or close the browser window until you are sure you have the PDF downloaded. If you navigate away from the web browser but still have it “open” you should be able to see the PDF still open in the web browser.
Downloading Direct To Your iPad or Android Tablet
- Make sure you have an eBook or PDF reader (iBooks, Goodreader, Evernote, Adobe Reader, Kindle Reader) installed on your device before you click the download link from your mobile device’s email program. Make sure the PDF reader is actually working, open it to check before downloading from the email link.
- Open the receipt email and click the link to your eBook download from the email program on the device you wish to read it on.
- When you click the link to your download, the PDF Manual will open in your web browser (Safari, Google Chrome, Edge etc), on iPad’s Safari click the share/save icon top right (see pic below) of the URL window – you will then be given an option to copy to one of the applications on your tablet. For Android Tablets (Samsung ect…Kindle Fire) See This Link:
- NOTE: If you haven’t downloaded it to your iPad or mobile device correctly the first time, don’t worry the eBook will still be there in your browser window will still show your PDF online. Simply navigate back to the tab it was showing in. Don’t exit or close your web browser until you are sure you have the manual PDF downloaded to your PDF eBook reader.
Transferring Your Ebook From Your P.C/Mac To Your iPad/Tablet:
If you want to transfer your eBook from your P.C or Mac to a tablet:
For iPad – iBooks –
- Open the iBook app on your Mac, laptop or iMac
- Drag the PDF from your download folder into your iBooks library on your Mac, it should then show up in iBooks on your iPad if you have your iPad synced with iCloud
Goodreader for iPad-
- If you don’t have iBooks make sure you have a PDF reader like Goodreader installed first on your iPad.
- Search for and Download Goodreader for iPad
- After download, connect your iPad to your Mac with USB cable, open iTunes
- Click your iPad in left column
- Click the Apps tab for your device – scroll down to file sharing – Click your preferred PDF reader
- And then click add in the right hand column – navigate to your PDF eBook or drag and drop into the file list.
When you then open the PDF reader on your device your book will be there in your PDF library.
For Android tablets, Just connect your PC and your Android using the cable, and you will see there’s a message on the tablet screen asking what do you want to do.
Transferring file is as simple as copying the file from your PC to a USB drive. If transferring from a Mac to Kindle or other Android be sure to download the Android File Transfer app. https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ and transfer the manual to the books folder. You will then see the manual as a PDF file in your Android device library.
Need More Help?
Don’t forget Cyber Safety is a community issue, if you think my book is useful, please share this link to my book with your family and friends. That way your child stays safe in EVERYBODY’s House!
This manual is updated yearly, the latest version is 2015! If you would like to subscribe to my newsletter and receive my latest posts to stay up to date with all the latest on cyber safety enter your email address and received the free 20 Tops Tips to Keep Your Child Safe From Adult Online Content on the front page of my website www.thecybersafetylady.com.au top right corner.