Seniors are increasingly getting on board with the internet. Whether it’s for connecting with family and friends through social media, running a business, or simply using it for everyday use.
Internet users over the age of 50 unfortunately are also most likely to fall for scams and can often be the victims of cyber crime. It is now more important than ever that seniors who use the internet are educated about how to use it with more safety.
“Australians aged over 55 accounted for 45 per cent of around 200,000 reports to Scamwatch, with investment scams accounting for the most losses, followed by dating and romance scams.” from a recent report from consumer watchdog the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).Click Here To See More
Leonie has given talks to groups such as Rotary, Zonta and Computer Pals groups.
Leonie’s Seminars on Cyber Safety for seniors and other general community groups covers day to day use of the internet through mobile devices and P.Cs
Topics covers are:
- Social Media safety
- Essential Privacy Settings to protect your data
- Safer sharing of family photos
- How to avoid scams and hidden online traps
- Digital security what do you need to know
- Mobile devices and privacy/safety
- Password security
- Shopping online with safety
- Identity Theft, what is it? What do to
- Having a safer online environment for the younger members of your family
- Finding help and further resources for online safety
To make an enquiry about Leonie’s talks please click this link to fill out an enquiry form. Leonie will return your enquiry within 24 hours via email.
“Many of our members are apprehensive about using social media and doing online banking, and you were able to give us a better understanding of the risks and what we can do to manage them. Your book was very popular, an indication of how well-received your talk was.” Deborah Martin, President Parramatta Computer Pals for Seniors Inc