Seems everyone is having fun with “Selfies” these days. Unless you’ve been living under a rock …you would know that the term “Selfie” is taking a photo of yourself alone or with friends with your own camera. Is is narcissistic or self obsessed or just good fun? I was featured in this video about Selfies on “The Living Room” along with a bunch of teens who were embracing the selfie phenomena with gusto!
Selfies are a fun way to take photos of yourself that you control, presenting the image of yourself that you want to. To make sure that you have a healthy relationship with selfies, and that you share them safely here’s a few tips!
- Don’t take selfies that may embarrass you or your friends in the future!
- Don’t rely on “likes” on your selfies to feel loved or popular
- Too many selfies might make others think you are too self obsessed
- Be careful who you share selfies with, check your privacy settings!
- Be sensitive if someone doesn’t want to be part of your selfie
- Always make sure you ask all in the selfie with you if it’s ok to share it before doing so
- Try getting your favourite pet to take a selfie!
Follow Leonie on Twitter! www.twitter.com/LeonieGSmith